Saturday, April 20, 2013

Happy 5 Month Birthday Jack!

Happy 5 month Birthday Jacky poo :)
 
April 20th marks Jack's 5 month birthday. He's growing so fast and changing so much. Yesterday was the first time he did a flip when I was changing his diaper. I was caught off guard how fast he turned. And when I lay him to sleep on his back or side, he quickly does 1 or 2 rolls to end up on his stomach. Oh he's become a huge mover and shaker. He loves his jumper, or chair, or tummy time, or musical toys, or swing...all for about 10 minute intervals. BUT, he still will be happy ALL DAY facing outward in the Baby Bjorn carrier. He giggles a hearty laugh, and is constantly smiling. But, what gets me most are his eyes. Man, they are gorgeous. They are a bluish gray color that have the prettiest streaks of darker blue throughout. In his pictures, they are the first thing I see.
 
Jack plays hard and sleeps okay. He hasn't quite accomplished sleeping through the night yet. He does 4 hour periods, but he can't resist the urge to wake me in the night to say hi. :) We still snuggle together in bed. I have contemplated, almost daily, about putting him in his crib...but the days are passing quickly and I will always look back fondly on the months we spent snuggling and sharing the bed with our cutie pie. I sleep well with him there...and so does Jack, so we're happy with him there....for the forseeable future. I still remember him sleeping on my chest the first week of life, body heavy in that way you know they are sleeping soundly, with his arms and hands every so often brushing over my rib cage. So soft and sweet....I am grateful for these memories. LOVE xoxoxo

Tonight he got a bath....and he loves his bath more and more every time. He kicked and splashed so much water around....he tired himself out. Within minutes after the bath, he quickly drifted off to sleep as I sang him is favorite songs. Thanks for 5 great months Jack! We love you!!!!

No comments: