Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Happy 3 Month Birthday Jack

Jack is 3 months
13 pounds, 3 ounces 
24.5 inches 


Our little guy is growing so fast. Looking back at newborn pictures today, he looks so much bigger and playful than the 8 pound 9.4 ounce boy I fell in love with. And in this short 3 months, my love for him grows deeper everyday. I spent his 3 month birthday holding and kissing him all day long!!! xoxoxo

This past week he has learned to roll! And he continues to take it all in; watching people's actions, returning a ginormous smile, laughing, talking....I just love how much he is learning. He is able to hold his head up on his own too. I just bought him a little baby seat...in the next weeks we are going to work on head control while sitting!

Tonight I lay Jack in his crib for sleep for the first time. I type this post listening through the baby monitor to Jack move about in his crib. I promised myself that I would put him to sleep in his crib at 3 months. When I made this promise back in November/December, 3 months seemed sooo far away. Now it has quickly approached and I am having difficulty sticking to this promise. My bed seems empty. Every night I have faced Jack and I have placed my arm around his head, stroked his soft hair, had my face a few inches from him, and gave his arms a little containment; he would quickly fall to sleep in the crook of my arm. I slept peacefully and I believe Jack did too Then when Jack woke to eat, all he had to do was wiggle around and I would wake. Now his crib seems so big...and he seems so small and alone in it. And I don't fit in it to cuddle him.....I already miss him. This is a very difficult transition for me. I cherish these last 3 months I have spent with Jack in my room. Am I ready to give it up? I honestly don't know. I am going to have to adjust to this new sleeping arrangement. When he begins to cry, do I run in and bring him to my room? It's going to be hard not to.....I'm going to have to work on this....
and while I do....

Here are a couple pics from his 3 month birthday!

Mommy and daddy love you soooo much Jack 



No comments: