Saturday, September 8, 2012

{29 weeks}

This week Brandon and I celebrated 29 weeks of the pregnancy. And Little Bean has an official, unofficial name: Jack Henry. We both really liked the name Jack. As soon as his gender was revealed at 20 weeks, he became little Jack! And we can't wait to meet him. This week, he became even more active and I received a few elbow jabs and even stronger kicks than ever! I love the feeling!!! The pregnancy is going great. This week I have felt unusually tired....when 4:30 pm rolls around at work I am wishing I was headed home....12.5 hour shifts plus driving make for a long day. Oh well, I am NOT complaining. :) 


We decided to forgo our plans to head out of town for Labor Day and began making Jack's room. It's still a work in progress...needs some artwork, curtains, and the bookcase/changing table, but the room has been transformed from an office to a cute baby's room. Thanks to our family who helped out painting, taping, nailing up bead board panels, etc. We couldn't have done it without them. I later found out that the color, Optimistic Yellow, that I picked is classified as an 'energetic brights' color...I feel its a sign of just how much energy will be in this room over the next few years :) It has been really fun to walk up the stairs and see right into his room! Makes me smile every time :)


Finally, a shout out to my parents who celebrated 35 years of marital bliss this week! Congratulations to them. My sister and her husband were up to celebrate, and we had a lobster dinner.  


1 comment:

tiffany jeanne said...

The room looks great and the yellow really mellowed out after having the furniture put in there! Best of luck in the coming weeks!