Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cougar Mountain ~ August 12, 2010
Roundtrip 4 miles, Elevation gain 1200 ft, highest point 6700 ft

I had to start my work stretch this Thursday evening, but for a little exercise on a really pretty late August morning, my mom and I hiked Cougar Mountain. I thought it would be a really nice 4 mile 'jaunt'. Well it was still really nice (and fun) but it got my heart rate going the entire 2 miles up. It was a lollipop route, and from the trail head you waste no time increasing your heart rate on the 'stick' part of the lollipop. That's the point I guess, right?!?! Anyway, only 15 minutes from my house, can't beat this hike. Because it was never clear cut for logging, the views of the valley aren't amazing because the trees block any view. But the trees were BEAUTIFUL and being on Cougar Mountain made me just a bit anxious that we might actually spot a cougar! Kept our speed brisk!



One of many bridges over the creeks.

No comments: